The costume parade was held in the morning. It was really fun to see the costumes all together and get a feel for how the production will look. I had managed to finish my suit before the week-end so was not too worried about the parade as after the last fitting I was confident in the fit and the look of the elements of the Narrator's costume that I was responsible for. However, I had not yet learnt how to give the suit a final press, which meant that areas such as the lapel and collar were not sitting correctly. In hindsight, I should have tried to arrange a session with Kat or Dexter on pressing the suit beforehand, for this would have aided the show team (Designer, Director, Supervisor, Rebecca, Mandy and Dexter) in getting a better idea of the finished feel of the costume.
There were very minor alterations to be made to the suit. I had to re-sew the buttons onto the jacket as we only got them just before the parade started and had done them in a hurry. I also had to lengthen the trouser hems a little more at the front. The fact that I have had to lengthen them several times already suggests that I should have noted the length of the trousers more precisely at the fittings. Of course it also depended on the shoes that the Narrator was to be wearing, which were not decided till rather late. In the future I will make sure that the Actor is standing very straight when I set the length of the hems so that they do not come up too short.
I spent the rest of the day doing the suit alterations and pressing, which took a lot of time; however I wanted to get it done as quickly as possible so that the Actor could commence wearing the suit in rehearsals. I also helped the rest of the team by doing laundry and pressing shirts when I had spare time.