Saturday, 14 May 2011

Finished trousers

So now I have finished my trousers!
I had a few issues with the trousers, namely on the waistband. As I mentioned before, I made a few mistakes but have managed to rectify my errors as best as I could, and overall am fairly satisfied with the result. Even though there are some things wrong, and I used a wrong process, I am actually happy to have made the mistakes. This is because making them has ground into my head the proper way to do them - and more importantly the reasons why it is the proper way. This has left me with a much deeper understanding. I am planning to make another pair of trousers over the summer very similar to this, but with a separate waistband (and no fishtail back), so that I can reinforce these realisations and knowlege. I am actually really looking forward to this! Of course once I am more confident in this simple style of trouser, I feel that I will be able to approach more complicated cuts (such as with pleats, etc) with more confidence. In many ways I feel that making the mistakes now will prevent me from making them again in the future.

I enjoyed making these trousers - both the pattern cutting (believe it or not) and the making up. They also fit the actor quite nicely at the fitting which says good things about the pattern draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment